Introducing Career Education and DevelopmentIHP0289
Introducing Career Education and Development: A guide for personnel in educational institutions in both developed and developing countries
Introducing Career Education and Development focuses on taking a proactive approach to helping young people manage their own career development. It advocates implementing a program of activities in educational institutions to assist them to develop the understanding, attitudes, skills, and experiences to be able to make informed career decisions and take deliberate career-related actions throughout their lives.
This book highlights the importance of introducing an effective Career Education and Development (CED) program in educational institutions. It advocates for such a program not only in support of the growth and development of individuals, but also in support of workforce, social justice, economic, and national imperatives.
The educative approach to CED is a relatively new concept in many countries. Where such programs do exist, the people responsible experience difficulty in either justifying or maintaining them. This book is designed to assist all personnel working in schools, colleges, and/or universities to understand how to provide and sustain a quality CED program.
- A rationale for the introduction of a quality CED program
- A selection of key theories behind a quality CED program
- A simple CED framework and its application
- Information on how to go about implementing an effective CED program
- Example activities and case studies
- Resources and strategies to ensure the delivery of programs that prepare students to deal effectively and confidently with key career-related decisions and actions